Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Last Days Of Kostas Karyotakis

I'm thinking of doing a "Last Days of Kostas Karyotakis" thing. Um. That is, to do a walkthrough of the few weeks leading up to his suicide in Preveza back in 1928. (I live in Preveza so the subject of Karyotakis is, rather, dear to me.) He arrived on June 20 in 1928. So, on June 20 2005, I'm going to blog his last days. [If you want an email reminder on the day post a comment or send me an email.]

As a warm up, browse to these pages where Yiannis Vogiatzis has collated numerous facts regarding the poet's work and life.

1 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

I just read about Karyotakis in Beaton's book. Fascinating man. I'd love to know more about what his motivations for ending his life were.

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home