Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Reading Nikos Kazantzakis's "Askitiki"

So, I've been thinking about Nikos Kazantzakis's "Askitiki" ever since that previous post of mine about it being on a top five besteller list over at Greekbooks.gr. I downloaded the Kimon Friar translation, even though my partner has the original Greek on his bookshelf, which happens to be right behind me. Anyway, the PDF file is sitting on my desktop.

I know I want to read it. Maybe even respond to it in some way, right here.

Let me start with thinking about the contents:

CONTENTS
Prologue
The Preparation
First Duty
Second Duty
Third Duty
The March
First Step: The Ego
Second Step: The Race
Third Step: Mankind
Fourth Step: The Earth
The Vision
The Action
The Relationship Between God and Man
The Relationship Between Man and Man
The Relationship between Man and Nature
The Silence

OK. That was a brave start.

Back later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home